Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Anticipated 2013 Albums

First of all, I want to just wish everyone reading this a Happy New Year. Hopefully 2013 will be a great year. That being said, now that we are finally done discussing the 2012 year in music, it's time to look forward to the new year.

This year has the potential to be a wonderful year in music. There are already several releases that I am looking forward to this year. Some of these releases already have dates and are basically set in stone, others are either yet to be determined or simply based on conjecture/assumption. So without further ado, let's begin.

Atoms For Peace - Amok

When I heard about this project, I just thought "Well I have got to hear this to believe it." The band Atoms for Peace features most notably long-time Radiohead producer Nigel Goodrich, Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea, and one of the greatest musical minds of our time, Thom Yorke from Radiohead. These sonical geniuses have collaborated many times in the past by dropping demos and writing new music but this is the first full length release from them. Atoms For Peace have played live a few times (by the way it was one of the few times I have seen Flea with his shirt on) and they have released a single track "Default" which you can listen to in the link below this paragraph. Basically this band is going to release very electronic music heavily based on synths and bass loops. When I say this I mean even more than Radiohead has done in the past. Seriously this thing is really electronic which is why a lot of people I know do not enjoy it. I don't know why but I do, and I am really curious as to what this full length debut LP will deliver

Listen to the single "Default" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWBd840E9g

Paramore - Paramore

  
When Paramore released their second album, "Riot!", in 2007, I was really surprised at how much attitude the album displayed. Especially from a pop-punk band like this. I really doubted I would actually like Hayley Williams' Vocals but now I have embraced it and she has a really good voice. It is basically perfect for the genre. Now, Paramore are working on releasing their 4th studio album and the obvious difference is that they are doing so without the founding members Zac and Josh Farro. The past year or so, the band has been stifled by personnel troubles but now they have it sorted out again, and for some release I am excited. I can't even explain why really. Don't judge me, Paramore is a really good band. Maybe it's my guilty pleasure, I don't know.

AC/DC - (TBD)


The legendary Hard Rock/Classic Metal Icons AC/DC are set to release their 16th album this year. A release date has not been determined and there is no current name for the album. All that has been said is that this band is planning to go on another world tour. Yeah, I know. Wow. Seriously, these guys are really old but they definitely fall into the category of bands that I would HAVE to see live just to hear them play the old stuff like "Highway to Hell", "Thunderstruck", or every single song off of the album Back in Black. I know that there is a chance that this album won't even happen because it has really only been talked about and never truly confirmed. However, I am truly anticipating an AC/DC return. The band had a pretty eventful 2012. In November, they released a live album entitled "Live at Riverplate". This also happened to be the first live AC/DC album in 20 years. In addition to this, the band's entire catalog was finally released on iTunes which caused them to make a big splash in music news. In the end, no one can deny that AC/DC is one of the most influential rock acts to ever play, and if you aren't at least excited at the thought of them writing new music, then something is wrong with you.

Jimmy Eat World - (TBD)

 

One of the truest alternative rock and roll acts for a long time. I have always been a big Jimmy Eat World Fan and I have followed them intently since the release of their breakout album "Bleed American". If you want to know why I love them so much, it's pretty simple. Jim Adkins' voice is really passionate and unique, they write some of the best guitar parts in the industry, and this band is just pure class. They care about the music and nothing else. I had the privilege to see Jimmy Eat World live this past year and it was a really awesome concert. That being said, the band has done a really thorough job updating their fans about their upcoming eighth studio album. Recently, they announced that the album was fully mixed and recorded and is now simply being mastered. This means that the album will definitely release in 2013 and I think it could be one of the better rock albums to drop this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment