Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Artist of the Year

In terms of music, this is the most honorable title. At least that's my opinion. Artist of the year is much more significant than Album of the year, Record of the year, Song of the year, or any of that other crap. This title is meant to honor the musician that moved the most people and had the most success in the 2012 calendar year. So I ask you:

Who is the Artist of the Year 2012 in your opinion?

 

 






















To me, Frank Ocean is the most obvious choice for this title. Even though I am typically a fan of rock and roll music, I really admire him especially after this year in particular. First of all, "Channel Orange" was one the best albums of the year and there is a very good chance that it will win a grammy.

Second of all, Frank Ocean captivated millions around the world by coming out as bisexual and not being afraid of how people would think. This is one of the most courageous things that I have ever seen a musician do.


Do you agree? Is Frank Ocean the Artist of 2012? If not who is? Comment down below.





No comments:

Post a Comment