Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Giving Hip Hop a Chance

I know most fans of rock music, punk music, or metal music for the most part are totally unappreciative of hip-hop/rap music because they have an obsolete image in their head of a guy cursing to a lame beat. I'm here to say that I love hip hop, well at least some types of hip hop. For one, I love when artists put work into their craft and actually produce a thoroughly intriguing variety of sounds. For example, artists like Jay-Z and Kanye West are some of my favorites because of how creative and fresh their sounds are. Every single song on "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is incredible to me. I also really recommend guys like Kid Cudi or even Eminem who has some great lyricism in some of his tracks.

I know it will take a long time before people will strip off these titles of "metal fan", "Dubstep fan", or "rap fan" and simply open up their minds to new types of music. It's very stupid that people haven't gotten to that point yet but I think I finally have. And you should too. These are a few of my favorite hip hop albums.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Watch The Throne
Man on the Moon: End of Day
Recovery
Graduation
Enter the Wu-Tang 36 Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment